Running a dental practice can be challenging, and you’ll face unique demands that non-healthcare businesses don’t experience.
Taking care of your patients is a top priority, and you’ll want to keep your clinic profitable without sacrificing quality care.
The best approach is to deliver the best patient care and a positive patient experience. When you provide a high-quality patient experience, your patients will stay loyal to your business, and you can attract a steady stream of new customers thanks to your positive reputation.
Here are some simple ways to improve the patient experience at your dental practice.
Create a Welcoming Environment
Many patients are apprehensive and anxious when visiting the dentist. For some people, this is a deep-rooted fear based on negative past experiences.
Creating a welcoming environment in your dental practice and being mindful of nervous patients can help alleviate their anxiety. Be considerate of how patients may feel and build up the trust of your patients so they have a positive experience at their appointment.
Provide Convenient Business Hours
Trying to fit in dental appointments around busy schedules and childcare can be a challenge for many patients. If your business hours aren’t convenient, then they might not make an appointment at all.
If you can, consider offering appointments outside of usual business hours and perhaps providing regular evening or early morning appointments. Patients appreciate this level of convenience and flexibility and are more likely to continue to visit your clinic in the future.
Offer an Engaging Online Experience
Improving the customer experience begins before your patient walks through the door of your practice. Create a positive experience through your website because it’s usually the first experience your customers have with your business.
If your website has a poor user experience and is difficult to navigate, then potential customers will have a negative view of your business before they’ve even booked an appointment. But having an engaging website that’s easy to use provides a positive patient experience from the very start.
To enhance the online patient experience further, understand how to engage patients online. Offering online functions such as an appointment booking portal and the ability to manage their patient account can be beneficial enhancements to improve the patient experience.
Provide Excellent In-Person Care
Many factors influence the patient experience including the level of service they receive during their appointment.
Maintaining excellent patient care throughout the consultation and taking the time to listen to your patient’s needs will build trust and ensure they have a positive experience at every appointment.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder