You’re the only person who is ever going to be 100% dedicated to your business.
You’re the one who built the business from the ground up, and you’re the one who cares about it more than anyone else. That’s why you must make the tough choices for your business’s success when the time comes.
That’s what being the boss is all about!
Here are some of the tough choices you’re going to have to make and how you can do so confidently.
When to Fire People
The first thing you’re going to have to decide is when to fire people.
Everyone has a line (or a boundary) that shouldn’t be crossed. Perhaps you don’t accept any kind of harassment or maybe meeting specific deadlines is non-negotiable. If an employee crosses that line, then it’s your job to terminate them.
Keep detailed records of any fireable instances, who was involved, when it happened, etc. Always have a strong reason for firing someone and back it up with proof.
Make your expectations crystal clear to all your employees in their contracts, and only fire someone when there is a solid reason to do so. Don’t give them any reason or leeway to sue for wrongful termination.
When to Make an Investment
Investing in your business will help you provide better products and customer service.
There will be times when you know spending a little money could improve things (such as nicer work conditions or a flashier website), but justifying a big expense isn’t always easy. Investing is one of the hardest decisions you’re going to have to make as a business owner, but allocating your money the right way can greatly improve your success.
For example, if you’re in the healthcare industry and you’re looking into healthcare capital, you need to be confident in what you’re doing. Of course there is always a risk, but make an informed decision and stick to it.
When To Expand
Finally, you’ll also want to consider when it’s time to expand. Think about whether you need more employees, new locations, new equipment, new perks or benefits, and more.
Do you want to take on more clients? Do you want to offer more products and services? Do you want to target different markets?
Nobody will make these tough choices for you, so stand in your power, be brave, and confidently lead your business.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder