Running a business can be time-consuming, and you may feel like every waking second should be spent doing “productive” work.
But without proper breaks and self-care, you’ll burn out and suffer mental and physical issues that could negatively affect your business and your life.
Here are 4 undeniable signs you’re too busy in your business work. If these signs sound familiar, then schedule time ASAP for a self-care break before burnout becomes a major problem.
You Rarely See Your Family
Spending time with your family is important, but if you haven’t seen much of them recently because of your business, then that’s a clue it’s time to make a change. Family time and building relationships is essential so you don’t miss out on special moments that are more vital than your workload. Consider your schedule and find ways to reduce your work hours so you can enjoy family time every day.
You’re Doing Things You’re Not Good At
Your business to-do list will have tasks on it that you excel at, but if you’re engaged in tasks you’re barely competent in, then you’ll have less time to focus on your strengths. You might be bogged down in the technical side of your business, managing your website, or doing accounting tasks that are not your skillset.
Your productivity will suffer if you struggling to complete admin tasks, and you could waste hours doing work that you could delegate to someone more competent in that area. Outsource to managed IT services, an accountancy firm, or any other type of professional who can take over the areas you’re weakest in.
Exhaustion is a problem if you’re always in work mode and don’t have time for sufficient rest. Lacking energy and struggling to be productive are signs that exhaustion has already set in. Moodiness, regular headaches, and constant feelings of stress are other signs of exhaustion. Take care of yourself by taking breaks and prioritizing your physical and mental health.
Your life might lack enjoyment and excitement if the majority of your time is focused on your workload. You might feel unhappy, especially if you’re resenting your business for taking over your life.
Outsource or delegate some of your workload to give you time to do other things. Also, say no more often because the less cluttered your schedule is, the more time you’ll have for meaningful aspects of your life.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder