There’s never been a better time to discuss health and safety in the workplace. The global pandemic has seen many types of businesses adapt to different ways of working, all with a focus on stopping the spread of the coronavirus.
But even with restrictions easing and people getting vaccinated, it’s still important to make sure your work environment is a safe place for all employees.
Here’s how to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Encourage Healthy Practices
Maintaining a healthy office space largely lies with your employees, especially when it comes to the spread of viruses. However, as an employer, you can help by sharing best practice with your workers on how to be healthier in the office.
This not only includes using hand sanitizer regularly and keeping desk areas clean, but also making sure that employees take breaks from their screens and walk around during the day.
Be Strict About Health and Safety Checks
Health and safety should be one of your business’ key priorities, which means regular checks should be made on everything potentially hazardous, and the safety checks required by law. This also involves stringent checks on anything you produce to make sure everything meets safety guidelines and doesn’t pose a risk to others.
It’s worth investing in the right tools to make these tasks easier, and you can click here to find out how you can measure thickness of an area, something that could be vital for quality assurance or safety checks.
Help Employees Feel Confident About Health and Safety
Your employees should feel confident about health and safety in the workplace, and that involves giving them the right resources. Key messages should be displayed where relevant, while guidance should be accessible through handbooks, intranet pages, etc.
It’s also important to provide training to your employees so that they understand your procedures and can use equipment in the workplace safely.
Consider Employee Mental Health and Wellbeing
Employee mental health and wellbeing should be another key area of focus for your business. Employees can easily feel stressed, and maintaining a supportive work environment can help them find the right work-life balance.
Develop initiatives to help your employees feel supported, while also encouraging them to take care of themselves through regular exercise and taking time off. Mental health is an increasingly popular topic of discussion in the workplace, and you should be on the forefront of it.
Maintaining health and safety is important for your employees, and there are potential legal consequences if you’re found to be in breach of health and safety policies.
Maintaining regular office checks to ensure your office is a safe and healthy place to work will make you a more responsible employer and build trust with your workers.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder