Every business owner want to keep their office in the best possible state, but that means there are a lot of things that need your attention and focus.
Keeping the office in a good state means you’re making any necessary repairs, paying attention to spot them early, and not letting anything become neglected or worn out. A good checklist and review schedule can help you be aware of any problems before they become overwhelming.
Here are 4 regular checks to keep your office running smoothly.
The electrical equipment is one of the most important things in your office because not only is it vital for running everything efficiently, it also keeps everyone safe.
Electrical equipment that’s not functioning properly is a health hazard, and could cause potential problems for your business. Carry out regular maintenance checks and ensure your IT team is aware of any fixes that need to be completed.
The roof is an often forgotten part of your office because you don’t see it up close, but that’s exactly why you need to check it regularly.
If you leave your office roof alone too long, then it could be damaged, or you might have rain coming into the building. Consider having the roof checked regularly by professional Yoders Roofing, and they should be able to fix any issues they find.
Just as a damaged roof cause serious problems, so too can damaged or broken windows.
Get a professional to look at the windows regularly, and continue to check them yourself. Broken windows are a security hazard you’ll want to avoid for the sake of your staff and customers.
Health and Safety Rules
Make sure your employees are always following your health and safety rules.
Check that these rules are still appropriate, and do an internal audit to ensure all rules are being followed properly. This will keep everyone safer, make sure the building is being looked after, and avoid any legal issues.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder