Book Review: What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast
Have you ever read a book with so many practical tips that you keep returning to it again and again?
For me, that book is What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam.
I’ve read this short but sweet productivity book so many times that I could probably recite passages from memory. And I know my clients are sick of me recommending it so much!
This book relates to Step 4 of the Life Editing Process, Rearrange Everything Into a Perfect Flow. Your schedule isn’t set in stone, so give yourself permission to move things around to become your best productive self.
I’m a morning person, and those first few hours of my day are truly sacred. It’s when I do my best work and there are no distractions slowing me down.
But maybe your mornings aren’t the model of efficiency.
- Maybe your kids are ultra demanding.
- Maybe you hit that snooze button a dozen times before you haul yourself out of bed.
- Maybe there’s not enough coffee in the world to make you feel bright-eyed and bushy tailed.
It’s OK if you’re not an early bird, really. But making even the tiniest edit to your morning routine can make the rest of your day run smoothly.
What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast is actually one of 3 books in a collection by productivity expert Laura Vanderkam. She offers simple tweaks anyone can make to their schedules so you feel like your time is working for you, not against you.
Favorite Quick Tips:
- Before breakfast you can do a self-care routine, or learn a skill, or nurture your relationships.
- You can anchor your weekends with fun activities that you can anticipate all week.
- At work you can block off your tasks so your projects don’t spill into your personal life.
The most successful people are always editing their schedules to make the most of their limited time.
How can you rearrange your mornings, weekends, and work days to get the most stuff done? Be honest with yourself and go for the easy wins!
- Get your copy of What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast.
- Implement one of the time saving tips from the book. For example, you could choose anchors for your weekend plans or wake up earlier to have some concentrated me time.
- Share your thoughts with me on Facebook.
This post focuses on Step 2 of the Life Editing Process, Delete Bad Influences. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.