Starting a business from scratch can be daunting and overwhelming. You might not know where to begin or even have the self-confidence, self-love, or belief that you can achieve great things.
Countless other women feel the same way you do (I would know, I’ve worked with thousands!). It’s helpful to have someone on your side who cares about your success and is capable of supporting, guiding, and mentoring you every step of the way.
We live in an age where it’s easier than ever to start a business, even from the comfort of your own home. Here are 5 great reasons to start your own business from home.
1. Flexible Hours
You’re the boss! With the flexible hours only a work-from-home basis can provide, you determine how much time goes into your business.
2. Less Stress
With the Covid 19 pandemic, the last thing you want is added stress and anxiety caused by workload from your employer. Extreme pressure, long hours, and a stressful work environment can cause unhealthy anxiety and be detrimental to your physical, mental, and emotional health. This is extremely dangerous for you and your loved ones.
3. Superwoman Productivity
Recent studies show that working remotely from home is better than working in an office setting over the past few months. Working in the comfortable environment of your own home actually increases your productivity up to 47%.
By working from home, you’ll be in your safe space 24 hours of the day. You can make your coffee whenever you like and finally have the time and energy to do house chores without losing time to a commute. Whenever you need a break, you’re free to stand up and take a walk.
5. More Savings and Less Financial Anxiety
On a typical work day, you spend money on gas driving to the office and back home and buying snacks and lunches to keep your energy up. Financial anxiety can cause significant health problems and even chronic illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease.
By starting your own business and working remotely, you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars every month to keep your work-life running. According to recent surveys, the average person can save up to $4,000 each year by working remotely.
Ready to start? Here’s what you need.
All you need is a computer, workspace, and a reliable internet connection. Working from home is impossible without an internet connection, so get the best and fastest possible fusion splicer on the market.
A Set Schedule
There’s no boss looking over your shoulder, so you must organize yourself, determine a schedule, and stick to it. Don’t allow yourself to get lazy and fall behind. The time, effort, and work you put in will pay off with increased income.
Accountability and Support
Just because you work from home doesn’t mean you need to do everything yourself. A mastermind group can give you the guidance and accountability to help you stay focused on your goals even when things get tough.
Join Life Editor Academy for a supportive team of like-minded women plus the expertise of Sage helping you every step of the way.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder