I once met a woman from Switzerland at a business conference who was utterly fascinated with American idioms.
“What do you mean that you are ‘Type A’?” she asked after I had described myself that way.
Now that I think about it, it is a strange way to describe oneself!
I explained that many Americans feel like people can be divided into two groups: (1) “Type A” people who are detail-oriented, high-strung, and intense, and (2) “Type B” people who are relaxed and easygoing.
“Then I am ‘Type A’ too!” she exclaimed. We laughed and talked about our love for ambitious projects and enormous goals.
Most Life Editors I work with have decidedly “Type A” personalities. The act of life editing requires a brain that likes to pick apart and analyze the pieces of your life and business.
But all that intensity comes at a price. “Type A” people are more likely to suffer from exhaustion and burnout because we don’t know when to stop.
Thankfully, I’ve learned that I can calm my anxious side by engaging in a regular meditation practice. Meditation doesn’t involve sitting still on a pillow for 3 hours or chanting like a monk.
Meditation is for everyone…even “Type A” folks!
I’m hosting a new class exclusively for the Life Editor Clubhouse that will teach you how to “hit pause” on your stressful life before you burn out.
During “Type A Meditations” you’ll learn how to design a consistent meditation practice no matter how busy, anxious, or “Type A” you are.
In This Class
- Debunk the myths about what meditation is.
- Learn why mindfulness is so difficult for most of us.
- Discover the benefits of a consistent meditation practice.
- Design an easy plan to make meditation work for you know matter how busy, anxious, or “Type A” you are.
- Get my favorite meditation resources to help you incorporate meditation into your daily life.
- Ask questions and speak directly to me during the live recording.
Be at the live recording to participate in the interactive Q&A session at the end!
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018
Time: 3:00 pm Eastern time
Click here to convert the time to your time zone.
How to Join the Class
- Purchase a Silver Level annual subscription to the Life Editor Clubhouse membership site. Already a member? Click here to login.
- Under Life Resources, click the icon for “Type A Meditations.” You’ll see the web access and phone access instructions to join the webinar class at the appropriate time.
- Attend the class to learn my tips and speak directly to me during the Q&A session.
- The class video will be added to the Life Editor Clubhouse within 24 hours of the recording. Silver Level members can go through the class whenever it’s convenient for them.
Got a question I should answer during the class? Send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.