I’m introducing a new series of posts that I hope you’ll love. My Monthly Edit gives you a behind-the-scenes peek at the changes I’m making in my life and business.
You’ll always be editing because your life is always changing!
This month’s edit is a recap of all of 2014. It’s been a crazy, amazing year!
My Gratitude Foundation
- YOU! I’m eternally grateful for my readers, followers, and clients. You’re the reason I became a life coach, and seeing you edit your lives has been incredibly rewarding.
- My health. I rarely get sick, and this year was no exception. I credit my good health to positive thinking and obsessive hand washing.
- My family. Chris and Skyla are my biggest supporters and cheerleaders.
- My finances. This is the year everything seemed to click with my business, and in 2014, I earned 15 times the amount I earned in 2013.
What I Deleted
- My 4-week coaching package because I’ve found that my clients get the best results when they stick to a coaching routine for at least 3 months. That way they can solidify new habits and see sustained results.
- My old branding and “sweet” tagline. I’m still as goofy as ever, but now I’m letting you see real me—a Type A badass!
- A cheapo pricing structure that didn’t honor my expertise or help my clients see their true potential. When I raised my prices, I noticed my clients became more invested in their success and got better results. Worthiness goes both ways.
What I Added
- New branding as the Life Editor and a new framework, the Life Editing Process, to guide all my content. Choosing a niche has been the best thing I’ve done for my business.
- A 12-month coaching package, LEAP: Limitless Editing Annual Program, which quickly became my most popular package.
- VIP Days to give people a half day of laser-focused coaching without the long-term commitment. January spots are now available!
- My first group coaching program, Life Editing for Beginners! I’m thrilled that I completed this goal last summer, and the Home Study Course has been super popular too.
- A new apartment in a nicer neighborhood. Your home should be your sanctuary and make you feel capable and safe.
- A one-on-one life coach. Never underestimate the power of practicing what you preach! Looking for your own coach? Let’s talk.
What I Rearranged
- I moved all my client calls to Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Now I use Mondays and Fridays for my genius work and I can be totally present during client calls.
- I set my business hours (and you should too!).
- I stopped obsessing over when to schedule my webinars (public ones and those exclusively for Life Editing for Beginners) because it’s impossible to find a time that fits everyone’s schedules. That’s what happens when you have clients on every continent! Now I schedule them when it’s convenient for me and let it go.
My White Space
- I joined Molly Mahar’s Elevate Mastermind and took care of myself during 2 indulgent live retreats this year.
- I planned my reading time, and shared my favorite books with my clients.
- I block out personal time every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes.
- I gave myself permission to be imperfect in my business and life. Bloom where you are planted!
So that’s a recap of my busy year! Thanks for being a part of it.
PS, the Life Editing for Beginners Home Study Course is on sale through January 4. The ladies in our private Facebook group are going through the entire course again starting Monday, January 5. Join us and get the support you’re craving—let’s edit your year together!
[Tweet ““I never change, I simply become more myself.” Joyce Carol Oates”]
What did you edit this month or this year?
In the comments below, share the changes you’ve made and your plans for 2015.