The last year showed just how quickly companies can adapt and forced many to allow their employees to work from home.
While some people are coming back into offices now, many have realized just how great it is to work from home. There are definite benefits including saving on electricity and office rent, and that employees can have a better work-life balance. And happy employees are often more productive.
Working from home also poses some challenges such as making it harder to speak to your team members and keep an eye on tasks. It’s important to continue to care for your employees even if they’re not in the office daily.
Here are 3 ways to help your employees work from home.
Check In With Them Regularly
Don’t let your employees get forgotten simply because you can’t see them constantly. Make sure you can communicate easily with everyone on your team.
A live chat option is helpful for many reasons, and you can look up what are the benefits of live chat for a small business online. You can send messages quickly, see if they are online, and get a reply instantly.
People don’t want to be bothered by phone calls, and emails can often get lost. Live chat is a convenient alternative, but be sure to explain that the chat service is for work purposes only.
Give Them the Option to Come Into the Office
Not everyone likes working from home, and some people might feel a bit isolated or unmotivated.
Offer your employees the chance to come into the office a couple of days a week. This allows them to socialize with colleagues and get the corporate experience they’re used to.
Give Them Targets to Hit
Specific targets are a great way to keep people motivated. Give your employees targets to hit for every projects so you can track how well they’re working and it gives them a clear measurement to aim for.
You could offer prizes or rewards for people that hit their targets on time as an extra incentive. This is an easy way to get people working harder and feeling more engaged when they’re working from home.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder