Whether you have a retail or wholesale business, if your daily operations for your business require heavy-duty performance and material transportation, then buying trucks for your business is the perfect solution.
However, not all newly built businesses can afford to buy trucks. That’s where trucking companies come in and can be a great and cost-effective solution to your transportation needs.
Before you go around hiring random trucking companies, there are a few tips both for the safety and growth of your business you need to consider. When you understand how businesses with trucks are conducted, you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to work with them.
Here are 4 best tips for hiring a trucking company for your business.
1. Experience and Reputation
When it comes to handling unforeseen accidents or delays in transportation and shipment, an experienced trucking business will save you both time and resources when solving the issue.
It’s important to learn how long a company has been in business and how they guarantee their services in times of delays or accidents. Experience is important since a company with a long history understands the difficulties that come with providing trucking services.
Apart from a business’s experience, the reputation of their services is also crucial. How do other customers rate their trucking services? Don’t be afraid to look for the negatives. Ask around and take note of any alarming incidents you come across.
2. Safety Prioritization
Using the proper trucks and equipment and wearing the appropriate safety uniforms and equipment is another priority.
While the trucks are part of a company you hired, they’re still under your responsibility; so make sure the trucks and drivers are as safe as possible on and off the road.
The trucks you hire should have safety tarping systems in place to avoid road accidents and injuries. Trusted tarping system providers such as Brumleve offer great services, including both installation and replacement parts for trucks.
3. Protection and Insurance
Accidents happen, and if you’ve done everything in your power to ensure the safety of your drivers, the public, and the cargo, then the only thing left to do is let insurance take care of it.
The trucking company you hire must have commercial truck insurance to cover any accidents or damages that occur while hauling goods.
Proper insurance policies should not be overlooked, so don’t be afraid to go over paperwork to get the best protection possible. This will give you peace of mind, knowing your cargo is in safe hands.
4. Team Member Professionalism
The drivers in charge of hauling your goods should have a clean record. As a part of their responsibility, trucking companies need their drivers to undergo testing and background checks and have no history of any DUIs (driving under the influence).
On top of a clean record, your drivers should be punctual and efficient. A reliable and trustworthy team makes all the difference.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder