Shake Up Your Wake Up With a Morning Dance Party!
Every weekday morning means 5 days of work pressure, personal obligations, and loads of stress.
- Sit in traffic for an hour.
- Get yelled at by your boss.
- Answer angry customer emails.
- Realize you’ve gained another 5 pounds.
- Have your kid throw up on you.
Ugh! It makes you want to crawl under the covers and hide from the world.
But what if this morning could be different? What if you could start the day with a positive frame of mind and a bounce in your step?
What if you could wake up feeling like Beyonce or Britney or Lady Gaga?
You can! It’s time to shake up your wake up with your very own morning dance party.
Even if you start your day in a bad mood, you can easily turn it around by listening to music that makes you want get up, dance, and celebrate life. Just turn up the volume and concentrate on the happy, optimistic soundtrack.
Forget about dragging yourself through your morning routine. It’s time to really rise and shine!
How to Make Your Morning Dance Party Playlist
- Choose 5-10 songs that have a medium to fast pace with positive, uplifting lyrics. No down-beat tunes about how bad life is.
- Set your music player or phone to start your playlist as soon as your alarm goes off.
- As you wake up, stretch and take a few deep breaths as you listen to the music. Get out of bed at your own pace and keep the music going as you shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast.
- Feel free to dance with your partner, kids, dog, or by yourself. Get your blood flowing and concentrate on how awesome today is going to be!
- Listen to your music during your commute or when you do mindless admin tasks to keep the positivity going all day.
Soon you’ll be looking forward to your morning dance party more than your first cup of coffee. OK, it’ll be close.
[Tweet “Want to really rise and shine? Create your own morning dance party! “]
How do you motivate yourself in the morning?
In the comments below, share the song that makes you want to jump out of bed.
This post focuses on Step 3 of the Life Editing Process, Add Good Habits and Routines. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.