A thorough meal prep has been a part of my Sunday routine for as long as I can remember.
Nothing melts the stress away like knowing I’ve got plenty of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks to grab at a moment’s notice. OK, and a bunch of desserts too. 🙂
“Meal prep” is one of those phrases that my clients say zaps all the fun and spontaneity out of life. They argue that choosing the food they’ll eat days from now doesn’t let them be adventurous or go by how they feel.
Look, I’m all for enjoying the little pleasures in life, but by NOT planning your meals in advance, you run the risk of spending too much money eating out, getting stuck with limited options, or going hungry for too long and turning into a hangry monster! No one wants to see that.
One of my 2020 goals is to lose weight and feel stronger in my body. I’m stepping up my meal prep game so I have one less thing to worry about. Goodbye decision fatigue!
Here are my top picks to help you meal prep like a pro.
1. Portable Travel Utensils with Case. Finally! It’s rare to find a utensil case that has the basics AND chopsticks and straws. Comes in teal and blue too.
2. Instant Pot Duo Mini. It’s a classic for a reason! This mini version of the popular pressure cooker is perfect for smaller families or single folks like me.
3. 10 Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons Set. An adorable set with color-coding to make it easy to grab exactly what you need when you’re busy mixing and stirring.
4. Meal Planner Pad. A simple way to plan your meals weekly and daily, plus extra room for a grocery list. It couldn’t be easier!
5. Reusable Storage Bag Kit. I’ve been looking for these forever. No more resorting to super-wasteful clear disposable bags.
6. Glass Food Storage Containers with Silicone Protection. Not into plastic? These glass pans are a stylish alternative.
7. Freshware Meal Prep Containers. I saw these in a meal prep video and quickly scooped them up. Now they’re my favorite way to add variety to my meals and stick to good portion sizes.
8. Insulated Lunch Bag. Meal prepping is perfect for those who work outside the home or on the go. This is the cutest way to carry it all and keep your food fresh.
9. Plant-Based Meal Prep. Adding this book to my reading list! These yummy, healthy recipes aren’t just for vegans.
Like these picks? Check out my favorite things on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 3 of the Life Editing Process, Add Good Habits and Routines. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources