How to Make Your Career Goals More Attainable
Your career goals must be flexible, and you might need to edit them many times over the years based on your priorities, income needs, and interests.
No matter what your goals are, you can make them attainable to feel like you’re moving up in the world and climbing the corporate ladder.
Maybe you’re feeling stuck in your career plan right now, or maybe you’re in a dead end job. What can you do to feel in control and capable of achieving your career dreams?
Here’s how to make your career goals more attainable.
Have the Right Attitude
One setback isn’t going to ruin your career goals, and you can bounce back from almost any potential mistake you’ve made.
Maybe you made a poor impression at a networking event or failed to meet a deadline. You’ll constantly be learning and growing in experience over the years. A setback can teach you how not to do something in the future, and you’ll be a better employee from learning this lesson.
A failure might affect your confidence or make you feel like an imposter in your workplace. Feel your feelings, take note of what happened, and move on with your plans anyway.
The internet and online businesses open up new opportunities for your career, so take advantage of these resources as you plan your career.
Some people skip the traditional route of attending college and getting a degree, and instead, choose other qualifications such as an online personal training certification. It’s more convenient, has just as much value, and can help you start a business quickly.
You can also network online and attend virtual events and group meetings without leaving your house.
Choose When to Invest
Setting attainable goals might mean investing in your success. Even $5 a month can get you your own website.
Your personal website is your online portfolio shows you’re a professional and sets you apart from the crowd. Strategically investing in your online presence can help you reach your career goals faster.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder