User-friendliness is an important part of your website’s overall design.
From the layout to fonts, color schemes, and page-load times, there are many aspects to consider when creating your new website, blog, or eCommerce storefront. User-friendliness must be at the center of your online marketing efforts, including your email marketing strategy.
Don’t write content for your website with search engines in mind. Instead, “write for the user” or the person who’ll experience your website themselves. If you write great content or build a user-friendly site, then your search engine rankings and traffic will follow.
User-friendliness doesn’t work against SEO, but with it. Experts like Jozef Opdeweegh recognize all elements of a business should be integrated, working toward one common goal. His book partnership was announced via online means, blending both the online and offline worlds.
Your website’s visitors must quickly and easily find what they’re looking for. The color scheme should be contrasting and visually appealing and include some white space. Many users prefer to view websites through mobile devices, so consider mobile use when planning site structure, composition, and page load times.
If your website takes too long to load, then consumers will get annoyed and visit a competitor. Use SEO tools to compress web pages and images to decrease load times and resize for different devices, screen types, and sizes. Consider using a different web host to lower page load speeds.
A good business web design uses contrasting colors, loads quickly on all devices, has a simple menu structure, and is mobile friendly.
Bring SEO and User Experience Together
Here’s how to get the user experience right and positively influence SEO.
- Bring your SEO and user experience strategies together. Integrate both your strategies, especially if generating more leads and conversions is your objective.
- Make navigation easy and simple. Your homepage must have clear navigation, and users should get to where they need to be without thinking about it. Index your pages with a sitemap.
- Invest in responsive website design. Your website must adapt to the size of the screen it’s being viewed on. If your website isn’t responsive, then mobile users will leave and your bounce rate will rise.
- Use designs that fit SEO principles. Make sure your content resonates with both search engines and visitors. Provide focused descriptions and product names, maximize H1 and H2 titles, optimize menu functionalities and names, and create a clear navigation path.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder