If you’re like most Life Editors, then your days are totally booked with responsibilities and errands that you can’t ignore.
You’ve got to drive your kids to all their activities, get to your important work meetings, clean the house, plan your meals, call your mother, and a million other tasks that eat away at your precious time.
But what about your self-care?
As a former book editor, there’s nothing I like more than snuggling up in bed with a stack of books and a large mug of tea. It calms me down and replenished my energy.
When was the last time you carved out an hour (or even 10 minutes!) in your schedule to treat yourself to an engaging story? Can you remember getting lost in the pages of a well-loved book?
Your self-care matters! Schedule your “me time” just like you would for any other important task.
Here are my picks to help you get totally booked in a completely different way.
1. Your First Bestseller. Admit it, you’ve been dreaming about writing your own book for a while. Here’s how to get started!
2. Word Cloud Box Set: Lavender. All your childhood favorites in one pretty package. A classy addition to your bookshelf.
3. Book Darts. These little beauties are a chic alternative to bookmarks or dog-earing your pages (shudder!).
4. Book Nonskid Bookends. Tell it like it is and keep your tomes safe and secure on the shelf.
5. Reading at the Cafe Book Lovers’ Soy Candle. Fill your home with the smells of your favorite bookstore/cafe and your stress will melt away.
6. Leuchtturm1917 Medium Size Hardcover A5 Notebook Dotted Pages. This is my favorite bullet journal! Keep track of the books you’ve read and those you want to read in this gorgeous notebook.
7. Colorful Bookshelf Mug. To encourage a cozy atmosphere.
8. How to Read a Book. Stop passively skimming over the words and take the time to absorb and truly understand what you’re reading.
9. Library Card Tote Bag. Because the library is your second home!
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.