Do you remember in elementary school, when the teacher would hand back your graded homework, and how exciting it would be to see a sticker or gold star stuck on the top of the page?
The simple treat gave you a jolt of happiness and made you more likely to do well on your next assignment in hopes of getting another sticker.
And maybe if your entire class completed a hard project such as reading 100 books or keeping your grades up all year, then you would be rewarded with something big like a pizza party.
Your teacher knew the importance of using treats and rewards to fuel your success.
Watch today’s video to learn why a treats and rewards plan is an excellent motivational tool for achieving your goals.
In This Video
- Why treats and rewards are two very different motivational tools but both can boost your success.
- How to make consistent progress on your goals with daily treats without spending money.
- How to watch out for the common mistakes people make with rewards.
1:26 The difference between treats and rewards.
2:17 How to use treats for consistent progress.
2:39 How to use rewards for achieving big goals.
3:13 Avoid these tricky setbacks.
3:55 Your homework
Mentioned In This Video
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources