It’s no secret that I made a lot of mistakes during the first year of my business.
Like a TON of mistakes. Just file that year under “what not to do.”
My mission statement made no sense, my offerings were a mess, and I routinely let my clients (the very few I had!) walk all over me.
I wasn’t a good coach, but I was a superb doormat.
Most newbie entrepreneurs don’t recover from a rocky start like mine, and I’m so grateful I was able to clean the slate and rebound in a big way.
Ten years later, it’s easy to look back and realize the one change that transformed me from a doormat to a true leader . . .
Setting strong boundaries!
Watch today’s video to learn the 3 most important client boundaries you must set for your business and how I fixed my own mistakes.
I’m doing weekly livestreams to share my best life editing strategies, and I’d love for you to participate. Subscribe to my YouTube channel to join the fun.
2:58 The difference between customers and clients
5:33 The kinds of businesses that have clients
7:32 Why you need boundaries with your clients
18:03 Business Availability
27:36 What You Provide
34:50 How You Accept Payments
47:33 Your homework
Mentioned In This Video
- Free productivity workshops
- Free Life Editing Strategy Call
- Get on the early bird list for my mastermind group Life Editor Academy
- Life Editor Clubhouse, save $10 off your monthly subscription with the code YOUTUBE
- Join Startup In 60 to build your biz from scratch.
- “The 3 Kinds of Income Your Business Needs” video
- “3 Tips for Handling Emotional Labor” video
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Kajabi, start your free trial for this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
How to Run a Successful Online Business In Just 1 Hour Per Day
Take control of your time, streamline your systems, and attract your most likely buyers.