Having a bad day?
Feeling stressed, drained of energy, grumpy, tired, and generally burned out are all red flags that you have some deleting to do!
Step 2 of the Life Editing Process is Delete Bad Influences, and that means removing the things that hold you back from living your best life or creating a boundary around it to contain the nastiness.
Maybe you need to tell that back-stabbing friend to get lost. Or you need to throw out all those old clothes from the 90s that you’re never going to wear again. Perhaps you need to get honest about your soul-sucking job and finally quit.
These deleting action steps might seem obvious, but it’s easy for us to forget to do them when we’re distracted by a million other tasks and responsibilities.
One trick I use with my clients is to create a running list of “open loops” or tasks that need to get done at some point and you don’t want to forget them. Write them down no matter how small or insignificant they might seem. You’d be surprised by how often the smallest tasks have the biggest impact (so make your bed in the morning!)
Need a way to keep track of your bad influences to delete? Download my printable Deleting Checklist worksheet.
Enter your name and email below to download the free worksheet. Part of the Editor’s Toolkit.
How to Use This Checklist
- For each category, write down several action steps that you want to take to delete the bad influences in your life.
- Check out the examples for each category to get you started.
- If you can’t delete a bad influence completely, create a boundary around it to protect your energy. You might need to limit your time around a negative family member or keep a certain junk food out of the house.
- Once you’ve filled out the checklist, try to complete one of the deleting action steps per day until you’ve handled them all.
This post focuses on Step 2 of the Life Editing Process, Delete Bad Influences. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources