Back when I was a chubby little kid (and long before I became a vegan), one of my favorite weekend activities was walking over to the local Baskin Robbins ice cream shop.
I’d gaze longingly at all 31 delicious flavors, practically drooling on the glass shield over the freezers.
Mint chocolate chip, birthday cake, rocky road, strawberry, and fudge!
They all looked so yummy, but how could I choose the perfect one and not waste my allowance money?
Easy! I’d just ask for a sample taste off their ubiquitous pink plastic spoons. The poor underpaid teenagers behind the counter must have been super annoyed with me while I tasted each and every flavor.
Testing ice cream flavors is a lot like life coaching. If a coach wants to entice her potential clients, then she’s got to whip out those “pink spoons.”
Unfortunately, there’s a myth that life coaches and other entrepreneurs should NOT give away freebies. Shocking! And that’s not the only false belief I’ve encountered.
In today’s video, I’m debunking the common myths about life coaching, including why I’m no magic unicorn (darn!).
Mentioned In This Video
- “So You Want to Be a Life Coach” in the Life Editor Clubhouse
- The Editor’s Toolkit (freebies!)
- How Trying to Kill Myself Saved My Life (my suicide story)
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder