If you can differentiate your business from the competition, then you can boost your bottom line and set yourself up for success.
The competition in most fields is pretty fierce, but there are simple, yet effective, ways to stand out from the crowd without wasting money or resorting to sleazy tactics.
Here are 6 smart ways to get ahead of the competition.
Study Your Competition
To beat the competition and be a success, you first need to understand every aspect of who they are and what they do.
When you know what they offer, how they operate, and how well their products are made, you can go one better and offer more value to your customers.
Offer Better Products
Ensure your products are manufactured to a higher standard than your competitors and answer more of the customers’ problems than they do.
If you manufacture vape pens, then you could use a Blinc cartridge when your competition are all using ccell. This allows your products to vape thicker oils more effectively, thus being more attractive to a large section of your target market.
A bakery might use fresh vanilla pods in their cupcakes when everyone else is using extract so they taste better and are more appealing.
Understand Your Customers Completely
To produce products and services that are more appealing, you must understand your customers. Get to know your target audience well by conducting market research and interacting with them on social media or directly ask people you meet who reflect your target audience.
Find Your Unique Selling Point
Every business wants to stand out from the crowd, and that means you need a USP.
A simple way to do this is to offer more choices (color, size, delivery range, etc.) than your competition. Determine what your customers want and what’s possible for you to add to the market and start from there.
Create an Attractive Brand
An attractive brand catches the eye of your customer and engages with your target audience. Do research into what appeals and then consider revamping your logo, business cards, website, and social media profiles to better fit with your target market’s expectations to build a brand that people appreciate.
Keep Your Eye on the Future
Be aware of changes and advancements in your field to predict future trends before the competition and capture the market for future products before they do.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder