I don’t often get triggered, but I recently read something that made my blood boil. Grr!
As an online business owner, I’m used to dealing with anonymous haters who think my work is meaningless.
But it was incredibly disheartening to see a major American women’s magazine trashing life coaches.
I don’t take what I do lightly. These are my clients’ lives, and I do my best to show respect and empathy while I help them make changes . . . I only wish I got that same respect from people outside my industry.
In today’s video, I’m taking issue with an article in Women’s Health magazine where they say life coaches aren’t needed and that everyone should magically find the strength and motivation inside themselves to reach their goals.
Yeah, tell that to the millions of women across the world who desperately want to reach their goals but can’t do it alone.
I will NEVER shame someone who asks for help.
Coaches have inspired, motivated, and yes, saved my life on numerous occasions. I’m disappointed in Women’s Health magazine’s harmful perspective.
Watch today’s video to learn the ONE THING life coaches provide that you can’t get from family, friends, yourself, or random women’s magazines.
Mentioned In This Video
- Women’s Health magazine (I was unable to find the article online)
- The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
- “So You Want to Be a Life Coach” in the Life Editor Clubhouse
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder