A good night’s sleep is one of the first things to get tossed to the wayside when we’re stressed.
That and eating anything green and healthy. Oops . . .
But being a good adult and making those 8 hours of snoozing a priority will help you blast through your to-do list tomorrow. You can’t get stuff done when you’re running on fumes. Believe me, I’ve tried!
So how do we get more shut-eye? You know, besides turning off Netflix at a decent hour.
With a few sleepy time helpers and a little planning, you can make your bedroom into a restful oasis you’ll want to return to every night.
Here are my picks to help you get the soothing sleep you crave.
1. Color Changing White Noise Machine. Block out traffic sounds or your snoring partner with this pretty bedtime helper.
2. Blackout Curtains. I’ve been using blackout curtains since college when I was stuck in a dorm room that faced a busy town with lots of lights at night. Help your body realize it’s late by shielding yourself from any distracting lights.
3. Memory Fiber Full Body Pillow. Save your back and knees from morning aches and pains by hugging this full body pillow.
4. Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra Tea Bags. It’s a classic for a reason! One of my favorite teas to help me wind down after a stressful day.
5. Bedtime Stories for Adults. Relaxing meditations for when your anxious mind won’t shut off. Trust me, these work!
6. Unicorn Sleep Mask. For the kid in all of us. Of course, now that you’re an adult, you actually like going to sleep.
7. Pacifica Wake Up Beautiful Beauty Powder. Soo delicious! Enjoy this vegan drink mix at bedtime to drift off into a peaceful slumber.
8. Microfiber Bedding. Beautiful colors, snuggly texture, and under $30? Yes, please!
9. Plush Slipper Socks. The winter chills are coming so stock up on warm socks to help you stay asleep when the temps drop.
10. Cozy Fleece Pajama Set. The perfect holiday gift for all your friends (or yourself!).
Like these picks? Check out my favorite things on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 5 of the Life Editing Process, Make White Space for Personal Self-Care. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.