Life Editor’s Picks: I’m the Boss!
Lately, I’ve noticed that women who run their own businesses are reluctant to call themselves bosses.
They’ll tiptoe around the word and attach all kinds of qualifiers to it: GirlBoss, BossBabe, LadyBoss (ugh), Like a Boss, etc.
Come on, Life Editors! Quit it with the cutesy names and own your worth already!
No male entrepreneur would call himself the BoyBoss or BossHunk. Have some self-respect and be a professional.
If you run your own business, then YOU’RE THE BOSS! Full stop. Soak up the power and be the leader you know you are. I’m the boss of my business, and I want you to be the boss of everything you do without diminishing what that means.
After all, if you won’t be the boss of your life, then there are plenty of dangerous people who will swoop in and boss you around.
Here are my picks for being your own boss.
1. I’m Not Bossy, I am the Boss! Desk Sign. An important distinction to make.
2. Pink Oskar Boxes. Pretty and perfect storage for the most organized bosses.
3. The Boss Coffee Mug. Let all your coworkers know who runs this show…even if your dog is your only coworker.
4. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life. Embrace the badass within, Life Editor!
5. Straight Up Magic Sticky Note Set. As if there was any doubt!
6. Leuchtturm 1917 Notebook, Dotted. The CEO of bullet journals.
7. Boss Ring. For punching out those losers who doubt your greatness.
8. She Is… Pencils. Perfect for writing down your plan for conquering the world.
9. Yellow Bisley File Cabinets. I have these in my office, and I love ’em!
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 3 of the Life Editing Process, Add Good habits and Routines. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.
I love this, Sage!! You’re so right!! Time to own my worth!! 🙂 I love my Kikki-k ring planner for holding all my #boss papers. I use it for bullet journaling as well. I am planning on investing in your Clubhouse very soon and will be using your planner as my new inserts. I’m kinda tired of making my own every week…my time needs to be used more wisely as I build my Empire! 🙂
Hi Marie-France! It’s so good to hear from you. I’m a total planner addict too. My 2017 Edited Year Planners are coming soon, and I added dot-grid bullet journal pages to them this year. I think you’ll love them! 🙂