Birds have been my happiness trigger for years.
I tend to see or hear birds right when I need a happiness boost or when I’m going through a hard time.
You might say that birds are my good luck charms.
Now that I live in Florida, I see lots of different birds than the ones where we used to live in Chicago or San Francisco. They’re bright and colorful, and they don’t fly south for the winter.
Walt Disney World’s EPCOT park has beautiful flamingos in the ponds. I really adore the birds, and not just because they happen to be my brand colors. 😉
They’re long and elegant, yet still quirky and goofy when they stand on one leg or sway their noodle-y necks. Maybe they can be my honorary mascot because I think my personality is a mix of seriousness and fun!
Here are my picks for indulging in your flamingo side.
1. Flamingo Cookie Cutter. Bird seed might be good for my feathered friends, but I’d much rather eat a pile of chocolate cookies.
2. Love & Flamingo Laptop Sleeve. You may be doing important work on your laptop, but that doesn’t mean you need to carry it around in a boring sleeve.
3. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Flamingo croquet, anyone?
5. Plush Rainbow Flamingo. Look at those fancy striped legs!
6. Flamingo Socks. Keep your feet toasty warm whether you stand on one foot or both.
7. Flamingo Washi Tape. Awesome for decorating your planners or scrapbooks.
8. Flamingo Pen. Essential for any professional office.
9. Flamingo Spiral Notebook. “To-do list: 1. Be fabulous! 2. Repeat step 1.”
10. Flamingo Watercolor Print. Add a bit of glamour to your home.
11. Women’s Printed Pleated Flared Midi Skirt. A pretty print to wear at a party with your girl squad (bird squad?).
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 5 of the Life Editing Process, Make White Space for Personal Self-Care. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.