I was sitting in an auditorium surrounded by thousands of self-empowerment seekers furiously taking notes about how to live my life to the fullest, when Louise Hay decided to show us what’s inside her bra.
This was by far the weirdest and most wonderful conference I’ve ever attended!
Last weekend, Chris and I attended the Hay House “I Can Do It! IGNITE” conference in San Jose, CA. The event had over 2 dozen inspirational speakers, many of them Hay House authors, and all of them spoke about finding the power within yourself to live your best life.
The conference was 2 jam-packed days of kind advice.
I don’t have a lot of pictures from the conference (I was apparently the only person who obeyed the “no photography” signs), but I did capture some nuggets of wisdom from the speakers.
Dr Dyer is definitely wise, but I was surprised by how funny he was too.
- There’s no such thing as failure. Regarding the obesity epidemic: “You haven’t failed; you just produced massive results.”
- We all experience fear. The letters in the word “fear” could stand for false evidence appearing real, but Dr Dyer likes to think of it as fuck everything and run!
- The mind is powerful. “Put your attention on something and you become it.”
- Divine love is inside you. “God is love, and you are love.”
You can catch Oprah’s interview with Wayne Dyer this Sunday on “Super Soul Sunday” on OWN.
The other speakers were so motivating, and here’s a quick recap of their top tips:
Best IGNITE Advice
- Agapi Stassinopoulos: “You are the leading lady in your life.”
- Jessica Ortner: “Are your teachers leading the life you want to live?” Or do you need new teachers?
- Kate Northrup: “Spending within your means is a way to take care of yourself.”
- Michael Chase: “Ask yourself, ‘Am I being kind?’”
- Kris Carr: “Animals have imaginations and thoughts.” “The best time to change is on vacation because you’re changing your environment.” “What is a yes, what is a no, and what is a not now?”
- Cheryl Richardson: “A loving relationship with yourself should be your #1 priority.” “What could I do right now to make myself feel better?” Regarding masturbation: “It’s all self-care, baby!”
- Danielle LaPorte: “How do you want to feel? What would make you feel that way? What do you need to do to get that feeling?”
- Tom Shadyac: “Be ignited or be gone!”
Now, back to Louise Hay’s bra. She was explaining how you have to be prepared when you’re traveling, so she likes to store things in her bra. I couldn’t believe all the junk she had crammed in there!
No kidding, she pulled the following things out of her bra: a mint, a prune, her hotel keycard, a mirror, and a pack of almond butter.
Cheryl Richardson said she felt inadequate: “There’s nothing in my bra but boobs!”
It was a fabulous event, and I left feeling more energized and excited about living the life of my dreams!
I have something sweet to inspire and motivate you!
You know how I’m always talking about how you should keep a gratitude journal?
Well, our conference goodie bags contained hardcover Hay House journals. The beautiful journals have lined sheets with pictures of flowers on each page, and sprinkled throughout are quotes from self-empowerment gurus like Louise Hay and Wayne Dyer.
Chris didn’t want his journal (imagine that), so I’m giving it away to one lucky reader!
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment below about the best advice you’ve ever given, received, or heard. Leave your comment by Wednesday, March 28 to be eligible to win. One winner will be chosen at random.
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources