Thank goodness it’s spring!
The weather might be mild all year round where I live, but I’m so ready for the fresh start that spring always brings. How ‘bout you?
You can read other blogs for advice on spring cleaning your house. I’ll do the dishes and laundry, but I procrastinate on vacuuming as long as I can (is that a dust bunny or a rat?).
I recently did a total wardrobe makeover, so I guess that counts as spring cleaning.
Here are a few ways I’m spring cleaning other areas of my life:
- Organize my workspace. I’ve been more diligent about keeping my desk in order (not an easy task when you have as many interests as I do). Since I work from home, my workspace needs to be clear so I can concentrate. I also bought a pack of my favorite pens and reorganized my office supplies.
- Join a club or group. There’s a Buddhist temple in my neighborhood that I’ve been meaning to visit for months. I could use some inner peace, and I promise to attend a sitting soon. I feel better when I connect with people in my community.
- Clear out the clothes. As I mentioned before, I got rid of half my wardrobe including a lot of bland neutral-colored clothes. Now my outfits are as bright and sunny as the weather. I’m wearing brighter makeup too.
- Bring the outside in. I have a vase of flowers on my desk next to my laptop right now. It’s an inexpensive way enjoy a bit of nature while I’m working. I also open the windows so I can hear the birds and get some fresh air.
- Dump the old ideas. The world feels full of possibilities when spring has finally sprung! This season, I’m letting go of old ways of thinking that have been holding me back. My personal goals are ambitious, but that doesn’t make them unattainable.
What are you cleaning up in your life this spring?
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.