If you’re like most Life Editors, you probably have brilliant sparks of wisdom that come to you at odd times.
You might be taking a shower and then suddenly know exactly how to organize the family’s vacation plans.
Or maybe you’re walking your dog and then are hit with a perfect plan for monetizing your business.
You might be feeling down but suddenly read a quote that makes you feel hopeful and excited about life again.
I like to call these bursts of clarity “A-HA moments” because they make you want to shout, “A-HA! It all makes sense now!”
What are your A-HA moments like? When do they typically pop into your head?
At the recent Life Editor Academy retreat, we kept track of our A-HAs for the entire weekend so we could use the positive energy as we mapped out our goals.
Today I’ve got a fun activity for you to try so that you can keep track of your A-HA moments and use them as continued motivation.
Here’s how you can create your own A-HA wall!
How to Make an A-HA Wall
- Get a large poster board, white board, or cork board and hang it on your wall.
- Gather up colorful markers, stickers, stencils, or other decorating materials.
- Whenever you have a brilliant idea or positive affirmation, write it on the wall.
- Consider making this a shared activity with your family, friends, or coworkers.
- Take time to review your wall every day to bask in the motivation!
We had a blast adding our A-HA moments to the wall during the retreat, and it helped us stay positive and playful while we were working.
A-HA Moments From the Life Editor Academy Retreat
- Remember: Be kind to yourself!
- Thoughts become things!
- There is something in you that the world needs.
- Friends should be like good books—a few but well-chosen.
- Nature is built around abundance!
- You just do YOU.
- It’s not a real obligation because I’m the one who said it.
- I am not a charity. I am a business.
- If it’s not a HELL YEAH, it’s a HELL NO!
- You have permission to want what you really want!
- Do the work!
- There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
- It’s OK to be vulnerable.
- Stop. Cancel. Clear. Get the fear out of here!
- I have permission to be imperfect.
Get creative with your A-HA wall. There are no rules! You might even want to name it something else.
Names for Your A-HA Wall
- Eureka Wall
- Life Editor Wall
- Mantra Wall
- Motivation Wall
- Light Bulb Moment Wall
- Affirmation Wall
- We Can Do It Wall
- Nuggets of Wisdom Wall
Keep track of your A-HA moments with this fun and motivational DIY craft.
This post focuses on Step 1 of the Life Editing Process, Create a Foundation. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.