Are You an Amateur or a Professional? How to Tell For Sure!
One of the toughest lessons I’ve ever had to learn in my nearly 10 years as a life coach is that I can’t save everyone.
No matter how many doable strategies I provide, motivational emails I send, or accountability calls I make, there will still be clients who won’t do the work.
Sometimes they need the help of a medical professional. Sometimes they just want to blame someone else for their problems. And sometimes they secretly believe that a coach would flick a magic wand and fix everything.
Bibbidi bobbidi boo!
It’s about personal responsibility, and I can quickly tell if a client will ultimately reach her goals by how she shows up to our calls.
The amateurs won’t do their homework and always have excuses. The professionals might face setbacks, but they pick themselves up and keep trying.
When it comes to your work, do you step up like a true professional or do you fall into the bad habits of an amateur?
In today’s video, we’re breaking down the barriers that keep you from your most successful life.
In This Video
- How my former career as a book editor trained me to go the extra mile.
- What to do when you resent other people’s success.
- The difference between amateurs and professionals.
- Easy ways to act like a professional no matter what kind of work you do.
Mentioned In This Video
- The War of Art
- Watch the class “Overcome Your Resistance.” Save $10 off your monthly subscription to the Life Editor Clubhouse with the code YOUTUBE.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder