Why GOOD ROUTINES Are Always Better Than Motivation
My clients often ask me how they can stay motivated to work on their goals.
They’ll be excited and engaged at the beginning, but soon they start procrastinating and getting distracted.
Well, I hate to break it to you, but your motivation is going to disappear at some point no matter how much you want whatever it is you’re trying to achieve.
Thankfully, there’s a better strategy to help you stay focused and get what you want without relying on motivation, will power, or waiting to “feel like it.”
All you need is a solid routine.
Watch today’s video to learn why good routines are always better than motivation.
In This Video
- Why you can’t always rely on motivation even when you really care about a goal.
- The undeniable way sticking to routines is like keeping a promise to yourself.
- How a progress journal can reignite your motivation by reminding you how far you’ve come.
1:18 The truth about motivation.
2:09 Why you need routines.
3:27 Use a progress journal.
3:48 Break down your projects.
4:11 Your homework
Mentioned In This Video
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources