Hey there! I hope your weekend is off to a smashing start.
I’m busy packing my suitcase so I can jet off to Chicago to train my replacement at my old day job. As you may know, I gave my former employer almost 2 months’ notice when I submitted my resignation. My feeling is that I didn’t want to burn bridges and wreck the relationships with my coworkers that I spent years developing.
Why would I?
I’m surprised by how many people make a mad dash to the exit door when leaving a job. I didn’t dislike my job, but I was ready to start my own life coaching business and use my skills to help other women live the lives they’ve always imagined.
Have you ever quit your job? Did you have the opportunity to train your replacement and say goodbye to your friends?
So, while I try to cram one more pair of shoes into my suitcase, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Dog in the Water Park (video). Enough said.
- The Blogging Pyramid Decoded. What level of the pyramid is most important to you?
- Six Simple Ways to Reduce Your Stress Levels. We could all use this.
- Optical Illusion Typography (video). Not sure if this would give me a headache after a while.
- Trade Secrets: Good Ideas Take Time. Wise tips for when you’re feeling impatient.
- 20 Simple Strategies for Getting Healthy. Easy peasy.
New Blog Posts
Instead of spending the rest of the weekend curled up on the couch watching reality TV (I would neeeeevvver do that!), consider taking some small action that will make next week a little better.
For me, I always reorganize my to-do lists (personal and business) on the weekend so I can hit the ground running on Monday morning.
Even little actions can make a big difference. You could
- Plan your meals for the week
- Do an extra load of laundry
- Pick up the phone and call your friend you haven’t seen in ages and set up a coffee date
- Spend 30 minutes cleaning out the junk drawer
- Make a vision board (do it already!)
- Put your gratitude journal next to your bed so you’ll remember to write in it before going to sleep every night
- Pack up your gym bag with fresh workout clothes, sneakers, a water bottle, and a healthy snack and put it in the car
What one thing will you do this weekend to set yourself up for success next week?
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources