Link Roundup: Little Actions, Big Results
Hey there! I hope your weekend is off to a smashing start.
I’m busy packing my suitcase so I can jet off to Chicago to train my replacement at my old day job. As you may know, I gave my former employer almost 2 months’ notice when I submitted my resignation. My feeling is that I didn’t want to burn bridges and wreck the relationships with my coworkers that I spent years developing.
Why would I?
I’m surprised by how many people make a mad dash to the exit door when leaving a job. I didn’t dislike my job, but I was ready to start my own life coaching business and use my skills to help other women live the lives they’ve always imagined.
Have you ever quit your job? Did you have the opportunity to train your replacement and say goodbye to your friends?
So, while I try to cram one more pair of shoes into my suitcase, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Dog in the Water Park (video). Enough said.
- The Blogging Pyramid Decoded. What level of the pyramid is most important to you?
- Six Simple Ways to Reduce Your Stress Levels. We could all use this.
- Optical Illusion Typography (video). Not sure if this would give me a headache after a while.
- Trade Secrets: Good Ideas Take Time. Wise tips for when you’re feeling impatient.
- 20 Simple Strategies for Getting Healthy. Easy peasy.
New Blog Posts
Instead of spending the rest of the weekend curled up on the couch watching reality TV (I would neeeeevvver do that!), consider taking some small action that will make next week a little better.
For me, I always reorganize my to-do lists (personal and business) on the weekend so I can hit the ground running on Monday morning.
Even little actions can make a big difference. You could
- Plan your meals for the week
- Do an extra load of laundry
- Pick up the phone and call your friend you haven’t seen in ages and set up a coffee date
- Spend 30 minutes cleaning out the junk drawer
- Make a vision board (do it already!)
- Put your gratitude journal next to your bed so you’ll remember to write in it before going to sleep every night
- Pack up your gym bag with fresh workout clothes, sneakers, a water bottle, and a healthy snack and put it in the car
What one thing will you do this weekend to set yourself up for success next week?
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources
You succeed in making good advice fun to read, which isn’t easy to do. I spent this weekend nurturing my soul by creating a humorous post inspired by a blogger-friend’s comment.
Aww Skyla is such a cutie pie! Such a sweet pic of her. That is great that you were able to give so much notice and that you are training your replacement.
I’m trying to find the time to do little things this weekend. It’s tough though because I literally have a few hours at home and most of them are spent sleeping. I guess a little thing that I did this morning was go to the gym to get some cardio in before my 12+ hr work day. Probably not the best idea before spending all that time on your feet in the blazing heat but it felt good at the time lol.
Have a great time in Chicago and a safe trip!
I hope you have a great trip! I’ve been at my current job for almost 13 years and can’t imagine not leaving on a good note. I think you’re wonderful for giving them so much notice and not burning any bridges.
We have lots of fun on our weekends, but we also use them to get ready for the coming week. We’ll make our meal list, cut up fruit & veggies, get all of the laundry done, etc.. It makes such a huge difference!
Oh, and I love that picture. <3 She's such a doll!
great post! have fun in chi-town! 🙂
I am obsessed about getting rid of junk lately! I am trying to sell/trade in items before I just give them away, but I want things OUT! 🙂 Feels so good. I love to see what you're reading/watching. Great idea to include those. Thanks for the always positive encouragement to keep forging ahead!