I spent much of my childhood hiding in my room watching reruns of classic TV shows on Nick at Nite.
So I spent countless nights staying up late watching TV families from the 60s and 70s who seemed to have it all. I especially liked “The Partridge Family” where a single mom and her talented kids would travel across the country in a psychedelic bus to bring music and happiness to people.
Yes, it was completely cheesy but that’s exactly what a lonely, depressed little girl like me needed.
Check out the ultra-peppy theme song, “Come On, Get Happy!”
Could you use some more happiness in your life?
Here are my picks to help you see the bright side of life. No multi-colored bus needed.
1. The Happiness Project. The original happiness-boosting plan for the average woman. It’s a bestseller for a reason.
2. Smiley Face Stickers. Stick these on the Debbie Downers in your life.
3. Bee Happy Pen. Just try to be in a grumpy mood while writing with this pen.
4. We Are Happy To Serve You Ceramic Cup. Because aren’t we all happier after we’ve had our coffee?
5. The Happy Book. Act like a kid again and scribble, doodle, and color your way to a more joyful life!
6. Furiously Happy. As the description says, “A hysterical, ridiculous book about crippling depression and anxiety? That sounds like a terrible idea. But terrible ideas are what Jenny does best.”
7. Instant Happy. These “10-second attitude makeovers” can help you pause negative thoughts and shift your focus to a more positive frame of mind.
8. Super Better. This playful book shows you how games can make you happier, more courageous, and better able to handle stress.
9. Mini Smile Face Relaxable Balls. For those days when you just want to punch someone in the face, squeeze these little cuties instead.
10. Pocket Buddha in Joyful. Adorable! I have a Buddha statue in my office, but this little guy is perfect for carrying with me throughout the day.
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 1 of the Life Editing Process, Create a Foundation. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.