Let me share a funny little story of how I’ve used the placebo effect in my life.
When I was in elementary school, I had this weird routine where I would eat a bunch of Smarties candies at the start of recess because I thought they were magic pills that would make me run faster.
OK, so maybe it was the sugar pumping me up, but I always seemed to be more energetic on those days when I ate Smarties. I should probably start training Olympic athletes as a side job.
More likely, what I was experiencing was the placebo effect.
In medical care, this is when a treatment with no therapeutic value gives the patient beneficial results. A placebo is a literal sugar pill, much like my Smarties.
It’s time for our 5 Friday Edits, and in today’s video I’m challenging you to use placebos in your own life because your mind is your most powerful resource.
- Your mindfulness hack probably doesn’t work. Here’s why you should do it anyway (Fast Company article)
- Help Thanks Wow by Anne Lamott
- 3 Best Happiness Tips From My Favorite Gratitude Books (video)
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder