It’s been a decade since I spent my days as a book editor cleaning up medical textbook manuscripts and proofreading what felt like millions (billions?) of newsletters, podcast scripts, and teaching manuals.
But even though my book editor days are long behind me, I still find myself reaching for my trusty red pen. So what am I crossing out, deleting, and rewriting?
My clients’ goals!
It’s a shock for many of my clients when they realize that the reason they’re not reaching their goals isn’t because of laziness or boredom.
The true culprit is the wording of their goals being too vague to be helpful.
Thankfully, a little editing is all they need. Like real editing editing, not just life editing.
In today’s video, you’ll learn how to edit your wimpy goals into powerful SMART Goals that keep you motivated and energized.
In This Video
- What are SMART Goals and why don’t most people achieve their goals.
- How the words you use determine whether or not you’ll be successful.
- The 5 components of a SMART Goal (with examples!).
- Other kinds of goals to try for your personality.
- Watch “Choose the Right Goals for You” video training in the Life Editor Clubhouse.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder