When a business has been successful for at least a couple years, it can be tempting to think about franchising.
This means offering the same business model to hopeful entrepreneurs who want to start their own businesses using your brand name and resources. Franchising is a fantastic way to expand your business, and it can help you spread your brand across the country.
Here’s how you can tell if your business is ready for franchising.
Can Your Business Model Be Franchised?
Look at your current business model and determine if it’s worth franchising.
An eCommerce business typically isn’t going to be franchised because you’ll be able to sell your products online to anyone, and you don’t need another location because it’s mostly digital.
But that doesn’t mean an eCommerce business can’t be franchised at all. Franchising might involve creating a physical location to promote your products and services.
Do You Have Enough Money for Franchising?
Franchising can cost a lot of money. Consider how much money you’ve spent on your current business and think about how much of that will be needed to set up a second location.
The new franchisee will pay a large portion of it, but that doesn’t mean you can forget about them and not offer support. Make sure you have plenty of money to push your business when you start franchising, ramp up marketing, and provide support to the location(s) so that your brand is positively represented.
Do Your Solutions Need to Be Scaled Up?
If you’re going to franchise your business, then everything will cost more. Consider SEO for franchises instead of just marketing services for a single online location.
Determine how much money to spend on each location and train new staff members. You must be prepared to scale up your solutions or it will be difficult for you to maintain your growth while franchising.
Are There Professionals On Your Team?
Recruit a few more advisors and consultants before you decide to franchise. Franchising is a huge investment in time and resources, and you need smart individuals on your team that can help you crunch the numbers and calculate risks.
The more prepared you are, the easier it’ll be to offer franchise opportunities and also manage them to ensure that they meet your standards for quality.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder