Any keen gardener wants to do a bit of good for the planet too, and as long as you approach your gardening in the right manner, you can make it an environmental success.
Gardening has grown in popularity since the start of the pandemic, and this solitary hobby can help you relax and enjoy your time in nature.
Here are some tips for keeping your garden beautiful and environmentally friendly.
Use Water Sparingly
One of the biggest impacts gardening has on the environment is when you overuse water. This can be easy to do, especially when you’re trying to keep your plants healthy in hot weather or if you’re trying to grow fruiting plants properly.
There are ways to minimize your water usage while ensuring your plants are being cared for properly. Consider using plastic water tanks to collect rainwater, which you can then use when there’s a drought.
When you compost in your garden, you’re doing something fantastic for the planet because it’s an excellent way to handle various kinds of waste. You can use your compost for kitchen food waste, garden waste, and even cardboard such as egg boxes. Over time, it will break down into soil that you can sprinkle around the garden to keep the plants healthy.
Using native plants as much as possible has become popular because you ensure your garden remains healthier, as native plants are easier to look after. Having native plants means your garden is actively boosting the local ecosystems, rather than taking away from them, so go native all the way if you can.
Have Lots of Variety
Choose a variety of plants because the more variety you have, the more your garden becomes an important part of the ecosystem. It will also make for a more beautiful garden that is a pleasure to look after.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder