Effortless Ways to Make Your Website Better
We all could use a refresh in 2021, and the first place that needs some spring cleaning is your website.
The world is moving increasingly online these days, and you want your website to make the right impression. Technology and trends are always changing, so your website will never be “finished.”
I’ve been in business for more than 10 years, and I still update my website often!
But cleaning up your website doesn’t have to be complicated or overwhelming. Here are some effortless ways to make your website better.
Optimize for Search Engine Results
Review your website and conduct an SEO audit to make sure it’s optimized for search engine results. That way, your potential clients and customers can easily find you when they’re Google searching for solutions to their problems.
Not sure how to start? For more help, consider hiring an SEO company to take care of all the technical aspects of this for you.
Survey Your Readers
An often underutilized tactic to improve your business website is to send a survey to your current readers to find out what they think.
These readers who are already viewing your website and using your tools are the best people to provide meaningful advice for where you can improve.
Swap Stock Photos for Original Images
When businesses start to grow and expand, one of the first noticeable improvements are the use of original images on their websites instead of the same stock photos you see everywhere.
A lot of businesses and brands rely on stock photos (me too!), and there’s no shame in using stock photos to simplify your content creation process. However, they do lack originality, and many different sites end up using the same images as you, making it harder to stand out from the crowd.
Remember, you’re the face of your business even if you sell other products. Try to use original images when you can.
Publish Engaging Content
Your potential customers want to see engaging, informative, and helpful content from you on a regular and consistent basis.
This will keep people coming back to your website and establish you as an authority in your field. It will also build your search engine ranking, and help more people find your business online.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder