The best decision I ever made for my business was also my most controversial one.
What? Me, controversial?
While I might seem like a mild-mannered Life Editor who spends her days coaching clients, reading productivity books, and submitting to the whims of my perfect dog Skyla, in actuality, my very first choice as a life coach proved that I will always do it my way.
Every life coach faces a dilemma as she starts her business: should you get certified or not?
I made the conscious and purposeful decision NOT to get certified, and if you’re thinking about starting a coaching business, then I hope you’ll consider all your options before forking over thousands of dollars, years of your time, and possibly your sense of autonomy if you join a life coaching school.
For me, not being a certified life coach helped me grow my business faster, reach the clients who need me, and earn more money.
After 10 years of running my biz, I can confidently say it way the right choice.
In today’s video, I’m sharing all the reasons why I chose not to get certified.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder