When I was a kid, I was obsessed with having the newest toys and games.
I had the largest collection of Jem and the Holograms dolls out of all the girls in my school. Give me a break, it was the 1980s! I was perfectly content with my rainbow-haired rocker dolls…that is, until they came out with “Glitter and Gold Jem.”
It was as if King Midas had used his infamous touch to change all the dolls’ clothes into brilliantly gold versions of 80s fashions. Jem even had tinsel-y gold highlights in her hair. Check out this blast from the past:
I HAD to have the entire “Glitter and Gold” line. It didn’t matter that I already owned dozens of dolls. These ones were GOLD!!!
Honestly, this desire to have sparkly new accessories in my possession hasn’t changed now that I’m an adult. Who wouldn’t want something dripping with gorgeous gold?
In fact, I’m working on a “Gold” program that will launch next year. And like the name implies, it’s a glittery and shined-up version of something you already love.
Could your workspace use a golden makeover?
Here are my picks for giving your office the Midas Touch.
1. Gilded Conscience Notebook. An art deco glam addition to your notebook collection.
2. The Happy Planner Gold Foil “To Do” Stickers. You’ll actually want to do your work when your tasks sparkle.
3. Nate Berkus Swingline Gold Stapler. Who says paper filing can’t be fabulous?
4. Gold Circle Magnets. So much better than those plastic fruit ones on the refrigerator.
5. Clutch Organizer Wallet. You’ll easily be able to find this stunner at the bottom of your purse.
6. Colada Tea Light Candle Holder. Add the perfect bit of elegance to your desk.
7. S’well Bottle, Metallic Gold. Staying hydrated just got more glamorous.
8. Golden Glam Magazine Caddy. Your reading material never looked so good.
9. Kate Spade New York Women’s Gold Glitter Water Bottle. I love the golden color.
10. Gold + Coral Slim Accessory Pouch. The upgrade your pencil case desperately needs.
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 5 of the Life Editing Process, Make White Space for Personal Self-Care. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder