Have you ever had a bad feeling about something but you weren’t sure why?
This week Chris and I brought Skyla to a new doggie day care center to check it out. We took a tour, spoke with the manager, and Skyla seemed to enjoy herself.
A few days later we returned to drop off Skyla for a full day, but she wasn’t having it. She sat down and wouldn’t budge. She wouldn’t go through the door to the big room with the rest of the dogs, and she started shaking uncontrollably.
Her instincts were telling her something, but what? Maybe she didn’t want to be in a strange place all day or maybe she sensed an aggressive dog.
Chris and I are very receptive of Skyla’s feelings, so she stayed home with me instead.
Now, I love working from home and having Skyla keep me company, but sometimes I need a break. There are times when my day looks less like a productive work day and more like “Skyla’s Fun Time Variety Show!”
I’m convinced she thinks Chris and I are her pets.
Anyhoo, we want to honor her feelings and let her know that she should trust her instincts. So if she doesn’t feel good about that day care center, then we don’t feel good about it either.
Do you trust your instincts? Have you ever second-guessed the way you were feeling?
While I spend the weekend cuddling my puppy dog, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading
- 5 Mistakes I Continue To Make in My Marriage. You and me both, sister.
- How To Roast Perfect Pumpkin Seeds. Nom nom nom. Totally making these as soon as I get a pumpkin.
- 7 Simple Habits for an Awesome Start to Your Day. Are you making the most of your mornings?
- Overcome the Top 25 Excuses to Wait on Your Dreams. How many of these excuses do you use?
- 27 Must-Read Fitness, Health, and Happiness Books. Your reading list just exploded. Sorry! But these books are all worth reading (some of my favorites!) so make some time in your schedule.
New Blog Posts
- I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the lovely Anna Banguilan for Universal Energy Radio this week. Click here to listen to the interview, and stick around to the end where I give a sneak peek of my upcoming project.
- Grab my RSS feed for your feed reader
- Follow my musings on Twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Visit me on Google+
- Peruse my collection of randomness on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Sign up for my free weekly ezine, The Sweet List
- Get your free Ready, Set, Go! coaching call with me
- Got a question? Need some sage advice? Just want to say hi? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.