Link Roundup: October 13, 2013
This weekend my friend Lisa was visiting San Francisco for a work conference, and we got to meet up for a few hours. She lives on the East Coast, so I only get to see her a few times a year.
It was wonderful to be able to give her a great big hug in person. She’s like the sister I never had, and we fall right back into our friendship as soon as we’re together again. We’re already planning our next girls weekend.
Do you have close friends in your life? Is it easy for you to find friends as a adult? What’s your favorite thing to do with your friends?
I also got my hair cut this weekend, and it’s about 4 inches shorter—yowzers! I love it though, and I’ll share some pics later this week.
While I preen in the mirror some more, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Practicing courage when others criticize. I’m really diggin’ this article from Kate Courageous, especially this line: “When other people criticize you, don’t fear what they say. Fear believing them.”
- The surprising history of the to-do list and how to design one that actually works. You know how much I love to-do lists, and this article has some great advice.
- A Simple Experiment to Change Your View of Words. I did a silent retreat at a Buddhist temple once, and it was such a freeing experience. Have you tried being silent for a day?
- 39 Affirmations that Release Self-Hatred and Allow Self-Love. Love, love love!
- You Don’t Need to Know How to Do It. You Just Need to Start. I really connected with this: “You don’t have to feel like your time hasn’t come or that it never will. You do have to know deep down that your best is yet to come.”
- Building Your Business Won’t Go “According To Plan” (Video). I’m such a fan on Natalie MacNeil’s MAP (Master Action Plan). Try it for yourself!
- 3 Ways Your Comfort Zone Is Restricting Your Life. Awesome reasons to stop dragging your feet and get uncomfortable.
- The Difference Between Inspiration and Motivation. This is why I only work with coaches, trainers, etc. who have been there and know exactly what I’m going through. And as you know, I’ve been there too.
- When life hands you lemons… (Video). You wouldn’t think Jess Lively has any problems, but she rolls with the punches just like the rest of us.
- Can the Simple Act of Making a List Boost Your Happiness? You know my answer.
- 24 Must-Read Fitness, Health, and Happiness Books for 2013. Adding these to my to-read list.
New Blog Posts
- Tiny Tip Thursday: SMART Goals (Video)
- Question of the Week: What Does a Perfect Day Look Like to You?
- Client Spotlight: Christine Davis
- Every Color But Blue
Close friends help us immeasurably. Glad you got to see yours. And can’t wait to see the new, shorter hair!
Aww what a sweet picture of you and your friend! I know exactly how you feel. I have a few very close friends and they all unfortunately live far from me so when I see them I definitely have that same feeling. I also know exactly how you feel about falling back into friendship. I can go weeks without speaking with some of my friends (ugh busy schedules!!) and we pic right back up where we left off. It feels so nice to have people in your life that you know you can count on no matter what!
PS can’t wait to see the new haircut!!!
Thanks, Sarah. My new haircut looks and feels amazing. I can’t believe how long I waited to get it cut.