Link Roundup: June 16, 2013
Chris and I went to the movies yesterday so we could spend some time together before he leaves for Orlando on a business trip. And if you know anything about me, you know I’m pissed that I’m not going to Orlando with him.
I guess I’ll just cuddle with Skyla on the couch this week and watch Lilo and Stitch for the millionth time.
What do you like to do when your partner or family members are away? Do you focus on your personal self-care? Clean the house? Throw a party?
While I say goodbye to Chris (and drool over this guy), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- You’re Not Needy. You’re Starving. Oh my gosh, this is powerful! When you’re deprived of basic human needs like love, that doesn’t make you weak or needy.
- Do You Embrace These Contradictions? They’re Important for Happiness. My fave? The days are long, but the years are short.
- 60 of the world’s happiest facts. Love it! Fact: For someone, somewhere in the world, today is the most amazing day of their life.
- How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems. I hear that some people struggle with weight and debt. Of course, that never happens to me. *ahem*
- How Today’s Priorities Impact Your Future. Compare your ideal lifestyle to your current one then start flipping your priorities to get there.
- 9 Rules for a Simpler Day. I use visualization every day too, and it works! (I visualize a 5-pound bag of Twizzlers appearing on my doorstep…)
- The Crippling Lies You May Be Telling Yourself. Your stories aren’t true, and it’s time for you to drop them.
- A Helpful Guide to Overcoming Envy. Gratitude and love can help with jealous feelings.
- Calmness Is Contagious, Even If You’re Faking It. Once Chris and I were driving and we spun off a snowy road into a ditch. I remember him telling me that my calm reassurance helped him pull himself together so we could make it back on the highway. I was faking my calmness the entire time.
- Turn Your Broken Dream into a New Beginning. Sometimes we need to say goodbye to a dream before we can see the beautiful future in front of us.
New Blog Posts
Aww I’m sure your bummed you aren’t going with him but cuddling with the pup sounds like a good consolation prize 🙂 When I’m home alone I am usually just RELAXING and enjoy the quiet 🙂 Usually when I’m alone I’m with Tyler and the kitties so I enjoy some good cuddle time too. Haha, yeah he’s pretty droolworthy!
Thanks for the links!
Haha! Yes, I agree that Tyler is droolworthy in his own special way. 🙂
It’s too bad you can’t go to Orlando with Chris, although cuddling with Skyla sounds like a good time. When Mike’s not home, I usually read on the couch, snuggled with the girls. What movie did you two see and was it good?
Lots of great links!
We saw Man of Steel. I loved it! I’m a big superhero fan, especially ones from DC comics.