Chris and I went to the movies yesterday so we could spend some time together before he leaves for Orlando on a business trip. And if you know anything about me, you know I’m pissed that I’m not going to Orlando with him.
I guess I’ll just cuddle with Skyla on the couch this week and watch Lilo and Stitch for the millionth time.
While I say goodbye to Chris (and drool over this guy), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- You’re Not Needy. You’re Starving. Oh my gosh, this is powerful! When you’re deprived of basic human needs like love, that doesn’t make you weak or needy.
- Do You Embrace These Contradictions? They’re Important for Happiness. My fave? The days are long, but the years are short.
- 60 of the world’s happiest facts. Love it! Fact: For someone, somewhere in the world, today is the most amazing day of their life.
- How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems. I hear that some people struggle with weight and debt. Of course, that never happens to me. *ahem*
- How Today’s Priorities Impact Your Future. Compare your ideal lifestyle to your current one then start flipping your priorities to get there.
- 9 Rules for a Simpler Day. I use visualization every day too, and it works! (I visualize a 5-pound bag of Twizzlers appearing on my doorstep…)
- The Crippling Lies You May Be Telling Yourself. Your stories aren’t true, and it’s time for you to drop them.
- A Helpful Guide to Overcoming Envy. Gratitude and love can help with jealous feelings.
- Calmness Is Contagious, Even If You’re Faking It. Once Chris and I were driving and we spun off a snowy road into a ditch. I remember him telling me that my calm reassurance helped him pull himself together so we could make it back on the highway. I was faking my calmness the entire time.
- Turn Your Broken Dream into a New Beginning. Sometimes we need to say goodbye to a dream before we can see the beautiful future in front of us.