Printable Worksheet: Pros and Cons List
Sometimes it’s hard to make a decision you can feel good about.
- Should you trust your head or your heart?
- Should you listen to yourself or hear what other people have to say?
- Is it best to think it over for a few days or make a quick decision without delay?
And even after you make a choice, you might worry about regretting it later.
What should you do???
I’ve got a worksheet that will help you analyze your choices objectively, weigh your options, and make a decision you can feel good about.
Enter your name and email below to download the free worksheet. Part of the Editor’s Toolkit.
How to Use This Worksheet
- First, describe the decision you’re faced with in as much detail as possible. Maybe you’re thinking of moving across the country, starting your own business, quitting your job, or taking a risk of some kind.
- Next, take some time to write about what could go right and wrong, the feelings you’re experiencing, other people’s opinions, and how the choice could benefit or harm you.
- Then, determine how much weight each section carries by circling a number from 1 to 10 in each box. Maybe your feelings get a 10 because they’re very important, while your coworker’s negative opinion gets a 3 because her thoughts don’t matter much to you.
- Read over your writing, then add up the pink pros numbers and add up the yellow cons numbers.
- Write your final decision in the last box. Trust yourself!
This post focuses on Step 3 of the Life Editing Process, Add Good Habits and Routines. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources
This is a great worksheet. Do you do anything with regards to cbt – challenging negative thinking?
Thanks, Gail! I’m not familiar with that specific program. But the class “An Edited Mind” in the Life Editor Clubhouse deals with negative self-talk, self-doubt, and fear. Check it out! https://sagegrayson.com/life-editor-clubhouse/