For those of you in the US, I hope you had a great Independence Day!
Chris and I took Skyla to the dog park and watched my favorite summer movie, Jaws. There’s also been lots of strawberries and vegan ice cream being eaten around here.
Did you do anything fun for the holiday? What’s your favorite summer movie?
This has been the first week I’ve had my new intern, and it’s been amazing! I’ll introduce her to you soon, and I’m so grateful for the extra time I’ve been able to carve out since she’s taken on some of my projects.
Also, I’m hard at work on my redesigned coaching programs, which will launch the week of July 15 (woo hoo!). I’ve been hearing many of the same requests from my clients and readers, so watch for all new coaching bonuses involving morning routines and the stress that comes from trying to do it all. I’m bursting with excitement, but I gotta keep everything under wraps for just a little while longer!
While I eat more ice cream and work on top secret stuff, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- How to Enjoy a Chore-less Weekend. This should be the goal of every weekend.
- 23 Books You Didn’t Read In High School But Actually Should. In case you’re still looking for some (non-trashy) beach reads.
- How to Expand Our Perception of Time. We have more time than we think.
- That Unreasonable Demand Might Not Be So Unreasonable (Video). Love it! Because sometimes there is a method to the madness.
- A Year of Living Without. Could you give up all these things?
- No Pajamas! How To Be Professional When Working From Home. Yep! Also, wear shoes.
- Go Out! 21 Inside Summer Activities to Take Outdoors. Are you getting enough outside time this summer?
- 7 Minimalist Workouts to Kick-Start Your Fitness. For those of you who have no time to workout (walking to the fridge doesn’t count).
- 3 Ways to Become a Better Adult by Acting Like a Kid. When was the last time you let yourself play?
- Olive Tackles the Stairs (Video). The cutest French bulldog puppy climbs the stairs…kinda.
New Blog Posts
New on Sweet and Sage
- Put on Your Oxygen Mask First
- Are There Too Many Cooks in Your Kitchen?
- Tear Up Your To-Do List
- The Only Diet That Works
- July 2013 Issue: Independent Thinking