Link Roundup: July 6, 2013
For those of you in the US, I hope you had a great Independence Day!
Chris and I took Skyla to the dog park and watched my favorite summer movie, Jaws. There’s also been lots of strawberries and vegan ice cream being eaten around here.
Did you do anything fun for the holiday? What’s your favorite summer movie?
This has been the first week I’ve had my new intern, and it’s been amazing! I’ll introduce her to you soon, and I’m so grateful for the extra time I’ve been able to carve out since she’s taken on some of my projects.
Also, I’m hard at work on my redesigned coaching programs, which will launch the week of July 15 (woo hoo!). I’ve been hearing many of the same requests from my clients and readers, so watch for all new coaching bonuses involving morning routines and the stress that comes from trying to do it all. I’m bursting with excitement, but I gotta keep everything under wraps for just a little while longer!
While I eat more ice cream and work on top secret stuff, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- How to Enjoy a Chore-less Weekend. This should be the goal of every weekend.
- 23 Books You Didn’t Read In High School But Actually Should. In case you’re still looking for some (non-trashy) beach reads.
- How to Expand Our Perception of Time. We have more time than we think.
- That Unreasonable Demand Might Not Be So Unreasonable (Video). Love it! Because sometimes there is a method to the madness.
- A Year of Living Without. Could you give up all these things?
- No Pajamas! How To Be Professional When Working From Home. Yep! Also, wear shoes.
- Go Out! 21 Inside Summer Activities to Take Outdoors. Are you getting enough outside time this summer?
- 7 Minimalist Workouts to Kick-Start Your Fitness. For those of you who have no time to workout (walking to the fridge doesn’t count).
- 3 Ways to Become a Better Adult by Acting Like a Kid. When was the last time you let yourself play?
- Olive Tackles the Stairs (Video). The cutest French bulldog puppy climbs the stairs…kinda.
New Blog Posts
New on Sweet and Sage
- Put on Your Oxygen Mask First
- Are There Too Many Cooks in Your Kitchen?
- Tear Up Your To-Do List
- The Only Diet That Works
- July 2013 Issue: Independent Thinking
So much amazing stuff in this post! First, that sounds like a perfect 4th of July celebration! I haven’t been spending as much time outside as I’d like because of my horrific allergies this year (hopefully that’ll change after my trip to the allergist on Monday!) but if I were able to spend time outdoors that sounds like exactly the kind of thing I’d like to do! Strawberries and vegan ice cream sound pretty good to me too 😉
These links are amazing!! I immediately bookmarked the link to the books. And I completely agree with them. I didn’t necessarily cliff note these books but I definitely didn’t read them as closely as I should. Well most of them. I actually have a lot of these books in my book collection and am making it a goal to read two of them per month 🙂 Waiting For Godot was one of my fav books I actually read in high school. AND fun fact: when my friends and I used to drive around and car dance and sing with the windows down we’d go to a beautiful spot overlooking the Long Island Sound and the NYC skyline (we’d go at night so it was all lit up) and the area has gorgeous mansions and is stunning. Rumor has it those waterfront mansions were the ones that inspired the Great Gatsby 😀 I’m not sure if it’s true but I like to believe it is because we’ve been going there since high school and I found out way later on. Sorry, rambling random fact 😉
I. LOVE. OLIVE. That puppy made my heart melt into a big puddle of love. I can’t even deal with how adorable that video is. <3
Thanks for the links! Can't wait to start checking books off the list and to get my butt outside after my allergies calm down 🙂 Have a great weekend! So glad your intern has helped you free up some time to relax!
I read a few of those books in high school too, but like you, I didn’t read them very carefully. I’d like to read more of the classics now that I’m old enough to appreciate them.
I know–Olive is too cute for words! I just want to scoop her up. 🙂
It sounds like you had a great 4th! We’re planning on going to a drive in movie (hopefully) this summer. Jaws would be a perfect one to watch now!
I’m definitely checking out that first link. We save far too many chores for the weekend & need to stop that, especially for when we get the Airstream next month. We want our weekends to be all about camping then! I’m also excited about that second link because I’m a huge book lover. 🙂
I know, I need to get better about leaving my weekends free for fun stuff, especially now that it’s summer. And I’m planning on reading a lot more in the next few months.