Chris and I have been adding more family time into our schedules including weekly dates and looking for opportunities to be a part of the community.
We recently went to a fundraiser for a new park, and the event was held in the weirdest place called Sparky’s Hot Rod Garage.
It was a warehouse full of classic cars, motorcycles, and 1950s diner recreations.
And a whole bunch of weird crap on the walls. Everywhere we looked there was some crazy mannequin, neon sign, or vintage pinball machine.
Oh, and this.
Here’s a shot of Chris with his new friend.
You may be wondering why Chris is wearing a fake mustache. Well, entertainment for the fundraiser was provided by the unforgettable Mustache Harbor.
This band totally rocked! All the members dressed up in yachting outfits, and they played cheesy rock and dance music from the 70s and 80s. And of course they all had mustaches.
It was so much fun to go out and spend the night dancing and laughing with Chris. We first met back in college when we danced together in a bar.
This was a showing of “The Best of Both Worlds,” the 2 episodes where Captain Picard is abducted by the Borg. I managed to snap this pic of Data before Chris yelled at me to put away my camera.
What do you like to do for fun? Do you plan date nights?
Do you attend fundraisers and other community events?
While I spend the weekend working on my next big top-secret project, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
Don’t ask me what’s up with the cat videos. It’s been that kind of week. Oh, and thank you so much to April and Lori for featuring me on their websites!
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Cat in Shark Costume on a Roomba Chases Duckling. This is why the internet was invented.
- What Kind of Pinner Are You? 6 Types of Pinterest Users. I’m a mix of Categorizer and Collector. How about you?
- 22 Unbelievable Places that are Hard to Believe Really Exist. Truly incredible photos.
- If you’re a pro at procrastination, try this motivational tool to move forward! Cool way to re-trigger your motivation.
- 40 Inspiring Workspaces Of The Famously Creative. I love getting a peek at people’s offices and private spaces.
- Beware of the “Decoy Habit.” Or why you shouldn’t try to be what other people want you to be.
- 5 Fitness Buzzwords That Make Me Want to Punch a Hole in the Wall. Read this the next time you want to “get toned.”
- 7 Tools to Radically Transform Your Life. My favorite? Affirmative prayer.
- Taking Things Personally. Nope, I’m not pregnant. But like this author, I’ve learned to let it go.
- Work It Kitty. Finally! An exercise program for cats.