Here’s an interesting thought.
I have a feeling that we determine whether we’ll have a good day or a bad day within just a few minutes of waking up.
Really! If you can start your day off on the right foot, you’ll be more likely to stay happy for the remainder of the day. The momentum from one glorious, joyful moment will snowball into more positive situations.
I know you understand what it’s like when it seems like nothing’s going your way. First you’re out of toothpaste, then you spill coffee on yourself, then you’re late to a meeting, then you lose your phone, and on and on….
When you’re having a bad day, it can be easy to lose sight of all the good things in your life.
That’s why it’s super important to amp up your happy feelings before anything in this world has a chance to sour your mood.
And the way to do this is through gratitude.
Before getting out of bed in the morning, take a moment to name 5 things you are grateful for.
Consider this your morning gratitude prayer!
Seriously, do this before you pull back the covers or anything else. Turn off your alarm clock and then start your gratitude prayer.
You can think or say aloud, “I’m grateful for…” and then name whatever 5 things come to your mind.
Maybe you’re thankful for your family’s health and safety, having good food to eat, a secure job, plans for meeting up with a friend after work, the new shoes you bought, etc.
You can really express your gratitude for ANYTHING!
Don’t edit yourself or say you’re thankful for what you think you should be thankful for. If you’re happy for cookies, then say it!
Appreciate all the little wonders in your life. This is your time to greet the day in the air of gratitude.
You’ll find that you have fewer bad days when you begin your morning routine by saying thank you.
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love…” Marcus Aurelius.
How do you like to start your mornings?
What’s your favorite tip for starting the day on a positive note?
- The Edit My Life Planner will help you get more done in the next 12 weeks than you did in the past 12 months.
- Sign up for FREE productivity worksheets and more in the Editor’s Toolkit
- Schedule a FREE Life Editing Strategy Call
- Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Book Outlet, save $10 off your first order
- Picmonkey, save 17% when you sign up for my favorite online photo editor
- Kajabi, start your free trial of this all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs
- Book Like a Boss, start your free trial for this beautiful and user-friendly scheduling app for coaches and consultants
- Epidemic Sound, start your free trial for the best music for YouTube videos
- Passion Planner, save $5 off your first purchase
- Trello, free elegant project management app
- Beaver Builder, my favorite WordPress page builder