Christmas sure brings out the crazy in some people.
I was driving to the gym yesterday so I could burn off some calories before the inevitable parade of Christmas cookies that’s coming next week.
Anyhoo, the gym happens to be down the street from the mall. And I apparently forgot that people tend to do their Christmas shopping at the last minute. The traffic was INTENSE.
I felt this weird, nasty vibe radiating out of the cars. The people in them didn’t look very jolly.
I was about to make a right turn, but I had to stop and wait lest I be smashed to bits by the barrage of speeding minivans.
Suddenly, the car behind me honked urgently and repeatedly. What?
I looked in my rearview mirror at the woman driving the car. No kidding, she was wearing one of those Christmas novelty sweaters. You know, the ones with the felt trees and pom pom snowballs.
And she was screaming at me to turn already. Her face was as red as Rudolph’s nose.
Look, I’m not a Christian, but even I know this is not what Christmas is all about. Where’s the love? Where’s the kindness toward your fellow man?
The traffic cleared enough for me to turn, and the other lady zoomed by me. I didn’t look to see if she flipped me off.
“Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!”
Thank goodness I’m going to temple today to zen out. For those of you who read last week’s ezine, you know I’m trying to be more of a practicing Buddhist and less of a half-ass Buddhist.
I also got a whole bunch of holiday movies to watch. Well actually, I’ve been watching Christmas movies for weeks now.
Some of my favorites are The Holiday, Love Actually, The Santa Clause, and the Muppet Christmas Carol.
While I try to find some Christmas cheer (it’s out there somewhere, right?), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Inspirational Movies for Dark Days
- Four Ways to Survive The Holidays with Your Healthy Lifestyle in Tact
- Replace Your Wish List with a Gratitude List
- Buy Less: Take the Fear and Compulsion Out of Shopping
- Wherever you find yourself this holiday, it’s okay.
- The Clutter-free Holiday Guide
- DIY Snow Globe Necklace
New Blog Posts
- Grab my RSS feed for your feed reader
- Follow my musings on Twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Visit me on Google+
- Peruse my collection of randomness on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Sign up for my free weekly ezine
- Get your free Ready, Set, Go! coaching call with me
- Got a question? Need some sage advice? Just want to say hi? Send me an email at email@example.com.
What are your favorite holiday movies?