Today I’m linking up with my friend Andrea at DreAm heART sMart ArT for her blog challenge. The prompt is “bliss.”
When I heard that this week’s blog challenge prompt was “bliss,” I didn’t know how to get started.
Usually, I’ll have a flash of inspiration, and the words will just flow out of me. But not this time.
Bliss is extreme happiness, utter contentment, a feeling of absolute pleasure. For someone who writes about happiness often, this should be a no brainer, right?
Perhaps I’m just tired of the holiday season or maybe other people’s moods are annoying me.
I’m not having soaring highs from bliss overload…and I think that’s OK.
I do, however, have tiny blips of perfect contentment throughout my days…
- A delicious cup of tea.
- Reading a real hardcover book and turning the pages with my hands.
- Snuggling on the couch with Skyla.
- Walking into the house and smelling pine and cinnamon candles.
- Falling asleep to the sounds of a rainstorm.
Maybe singing-from-the-rooftops bliss doesn’t happen all the time.
I think we should be grateful for finding just a little bliss. It’s enough for me.
What makes you feel blissful?
The Editor’s Toolkit
- Free Workshop: 3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
- 25+ Printable Worksheets
- 6 Life Editing Ebooks
- My Favorite Books and Resources