Today I’m meeting up with a friend I haven’t seen in 15 years. We found each other again on Facebook, as so many people do these days.
This particular friend was with me when I was going through a terrible part of my life. She really made me feel like I deserved better, and she made me feel OK to be me.
We were on the phone recently, and my friend couldn’t get over how happy I sounded. She also remarked that I smile a lot in the photos on my blog. It made me realize just how lost and depressed I was as a teenager.
Do you keep in touch with old friends? How have your friendships changed as you’ve gotten older?
While I stroll down memory lane, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Hilarious Yoga Mat for Sale Ad on Craigslist. Oh my gosh, I just about died laughing while reading this!
- It’s Not You, It’s Them: 11 Frenemies You Should Dump Today. Time to say goodbye to those toxic people.
- If the World Were 100 People. This really puts into perspective just how good we have it…and how much suffering is taking place in the rest of the world.
- “Ugh, I’m Huge”: How “Fat Talk” Affects the Way We’re Perceived. I’ve notice many women are super kind to others, but unkind to themselves.
- Five Ways to Cure Work at Home Office Fever. Good tips even if you don’t work from home.
- A Helpful Guide to Becoming Unbusy. As with most things, being busy is a choice.
- The 7 Bad Habits of Highly Unhealthy People. According to this article, thinking “Maybe there’s a way I can still eat chocolate cake all day and lose weight” isn’t very helpful. But you never think like that, right?
- Lazy Cat on a Treadmill (Video). This is eerily similar to how I look at the gym on bad days.