Link Roundup: May 19, 2013
Today I’m meeting up with a friend I haven’t seen in 15 years. We found each other again on Facebook, as so many people do these days.
This particular friend was with me when I was going through a terrible part of my life. She really made me feel like I deserved better, and she made me feel OK to be me.
We were on the phone recently, and my friend couldn’t get over how happy I sounded. She also remarked that I smile a lot in the photos on my blog. It made me realize just how lost and depressed I was as a teenager.
Do you keep in touch with old friends? How have your friendships changed as you’ve gotten older?
While I stroll down memory lane, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Hilarious Yoga Mat for Sale Ad on Craigslist. Oh my gosh, I just about died laughing while reading this!
- It’s Not You, It’s Them: 11 Frenemies You Should Dump Today. Time to say goodbye to those toxic people.
- If the World Were 100 People. This really puts into perspective just how good we have it…and how much suffering is taking place in the rest of the world.
- “Ugh, I’m Huge”: How “Fat Talk” Affects the Way We’re Perceived. I’ve notice many women are super kind to others, but unkind to themselves.
- Five Ways to Cure Work at Home Office Fever. Good tips even if you don’t work from home.
- A Helpful Guide to Becoming Unbusy. As with most things, being busy is a choice.
- The 7 Bad Habits of Highly Unhealthy People. According to this article, thinking “Maybe there’s a way I can still eat chocolate cake all day and lose weight” isn’t very helpful. But you never think like that, right?
- Lazy Cat on a Treadmill (Video). This is eerily similar to how I look at the gym on bad days.
How great that you were able to reconnect with a dear friend that helped you through a very tough time. And it’s a great testament to you that she can see how happy you are and how you’ve been able to overcome the hard times. Facebook has helped me reconnect with old friends too 🙂 Funny how these things work!
Great links!! I laughed so hard at the Yoga Mat ad. And the timeline seems pretty on point for Bikram Yoga (the class I suspect he took given the pose he described, length of class and temp/humidity lol). That class is TORTURE!
I’m so glad you like the links! I always wonder if people would enjoy the same things I’m reading. I haven’t tried Bikram yoga yet, but I should. I really need to work on my flexibility, but that description makes it sound horrible!