Yesterday it was so hot that I practically melted into a puddle of goo. So today my plan is to chill out in the pool and eat my entire body weight in vegan ice cream.
How’s your summer going? Any tips for staying cool?
Oh, and this is just a reminder that our dear Google Reader is going to internet heaven on Monday, so be sure to transfer your feeds to a new reader ASAP. Personally, I switched to Feedly, and it was quick and simple to move my feeds.
While I work on my tan (and perhaps go from “ghost white” to “oatmeal”), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- 51 Animal Pictures You Need To See Before You Die. Which is a fitting title because after looking at these pics my heart exploded.
- DIY Photo Playing Cards. Remember my printable Weekly Weight Tracker that uses a pack of playing cards? The ladies from A Beautiful Mess show you how to spruce up a plain deck with you own photos.
- Self-Discipline: Be the Boss of Yourself. Good reminder, because as you know, this is something I need to work on.
- 5 Ways To Go After Your Someday Dreams Today. What are you waiting for?
- Why You Should Not Eat the Elephant One Bite at a Time. A fascinating look at how using the power of a group can help you reach your goals faster.
- Can You Manifest Bad Things Too? My clients and I do a lot of law of attraction exercises, and this article clears up the belief that if you think negative thoughts then bad things will happen to you.
- Earn It. Because there are no shortcuts in life.
- The permission slip. Favorite line: “You are allowed to boycott the blogs that trigger the shit out of you. You know the ones.”
- The Time You Have (In JellyBeans) (Video). An amazing demonstration of the amount of time you spend on various activities as if each day of your life were a jelly bean.
New Blog Posts
New on Sweet and Sage
- No News Is Good News
- I Dream of Tea
- Like a Boss: Think Your Way to Your Dreams